Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Four Candles--

 --Unknown author


Peter Griffin
Four candles slowly burned.
The ambience was so soft, one could almost hear them talking...
The first candle said, "I am Peace!
The world is full of anger and fighting.  Nobody can keep me lit."
Then the flame of Peace went out completely.
 
Then the second candle said, "I am Faith.  I am no longer indespensible.
It doesn't make sense I stay lit another day longer." 
Just then a breeze softly blew out Faith's flame.
 
Sadly the third candle began to speak. "I am Love.
People don't understand my importance.  So they just simply put me
aside.  They even forget to Love those who are nearest to them.  I haven't the
strength to stay lit."  And waiting no longer, Love's flame went out.
 
Suddenly a child entered the room and saw the three unlit candles.  "Why aren't
you burning?  You're suppose to stay lit 'til the end."
Saying this the child began to cry. 
 
Then the fourth candle answered, "Don't be afraid, I am Hope.  While I am still
burning we can re-light the flames."  With shining eyes, the child took the candle of Hope and relit the other candles.
~ ~ ~
 
The flame of Hope should never go out from your life... and with Hope each of us can live a life with Peace... Faith... and Love
 
Inspire a friend today... pass along this uplifting story.
 



Photo credit:  "Candles" #17574
(PublicDomainPictures(.net)



No comments:












Chelsea Green Publishing - the leading publisher of sustainable living books since 1985.




















Find all your favorite books at booksamillion.com.














StudioPress Theme of the Month





Genesis Framework for WordPress